Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lakewood: Madison Park




This was my first time at Madison Park and it was awesome! It was very new and some of the rides you haven't experienced before. There were some things that really didn't even have a name. Like there was a lumpy, teeter-totter thing that bounced up and down. One side went up and the other side went down. It felt good on my back when someone else was bouncing it up and down. There was also a twirly, tire swing thing. You just sit down and someone pushes you around in circles. When I went on, my dad pushed me around in circles. It made me feel dizzy!

There were three good slides. An orange one, a green one and a blue one. They were big and they would go twisty turvey. They had climbing ropes and then there was another thing that was a big tube with squares that you could climb up to the top on. I loved the zip line. All you had to do was push forward and hang on and it made me go side to side.

The ground is made out of melted rubber, so if you fall, you really won't get hurt. Madison park is also right next to the library. There's also a pool and a concession stand. There's a soccer field and tennis courts. They're also growing a garden right in the middle of the park! There were a lot of kids there, since it was a new park. I give this park three out of three swings.



Here I am on the zip line. Tony is behind me on the twirly, tire swing thing.

(Dad's note: there were some rowdy early-teens that were rough housing on the equipment, and I had to ask them to settle down. There are also a LOT of police video cameras around the park and playground, so interpret that how you will.)

1 comment: